Observing for Impact
A comprehensive guide to lesson observation that ensures all leaders understand its purpose and practice.
These training materials are fully aligned with Ofsted observation practice and provide full support for policy decisions needed under the Performance Management and Capability arrangements.
The resource includes guidance and resources that:
- are ready for use for staff training
- are practical and enable you to define your own bespoke school approach
- engage leaders and teachers with the purpose and practice of lesson observation
Observing for Impact is a modular training package that helps you target different aspects of lesson observation practice and helps you get the best from lesson observation by clarifying what you are using it for and what impact you want it to make.
Training activities can involve all teachers and governors and school leaders so they engage appropriately with lesson observation.
There are a number of resources now available that offer training and guidance to the Ofsted framework. The Observing for Impact materials from Mediamerge offer you much more.
- focussed - on school improvement that will serve Ofsted purposes AND ongoing school development
- practical – they are based on guided activities linked to the Ofsted requirements but valuable in themselves as well
- effective - they provide practical training materials to support schools to get the best impact from observation
To see the scope of this resource have a look at the overview documents Purposes of observation, and Managing the observation process which set the context for 24 training activities included in this pack.
This resource is suitable for all school leaders, teachers and governors to deliver effective and high impact training sessions.
This resource is supplied on CD.
All files are universal PDF and PowerPoint files easily accessed through a clear menu system.
Licences for local authorities and training providers available.